Do you love animals? We're looking for like minded professionals to join our team!
Pet Caregiver - Friday, Saturday & Sunday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Position Summary: The Pet Caregiver will work to oversee the health, well-being, and general care of the pets at the Paws & Claws Pet Shelter on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Specific duties include but are not limited to the daily feeding, cleaning, medicating and enrichment of our pet population.
Required skills and experience:
- Administer the morning and evening feedings for all animals and prepare food for all animals to include pan meals and special individual meals.
- Overall cleaning duties of the shelter including kennels and play areas.
- Ensure the dogs/cats have comfortable bedding, that kennels and condos are free of feces and urine, and that all pets have fresh water and are safely secured in their areas.
- Monitoring pet eating habits, behavior and medical habits/issues and ensuring documentation is complete.
- Wash and dry blankets and linen daily throughout entire shift.
- Check phone messages and direct communications to appropriate staff members.
- Supporting the kitten nursery, bottle feeding.
- Performing inventory of all pet food, medical supplies, dry storage and cleaning supplies as well as daily pet population inventories as instructed.
- Ensuring all pets have accurate information and quality photos appropriately placed to clearly identify them.
- Ensuring basic grooming tasks, i.e., trimming nails, cleaning ears, combing.
- Provide care and handling for animals that have significant behavioral issues which may include shyness, fearfulness and aggression.
- Provide care for animals that have significant medical issues which may include a variety of zoonotic disease.
- Administer oral and topical medications and vaccinations.
Required skills and experience:
- 1 year previous experience working with cats and dogs highly preferred. Must be able to work with all cats and dogs, including those with health concerns/conditions as well as behavior conditions.
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The ideal person for this job would be a team player, positive, personable, upbeat, and energetic, takes initiative, and uses tact and diplomacy.
- Resourceful, roll up the sleeves attitude. The successful candidate must have the initiative to resolve problems and seek answers independently and enthusiastically demonstrate flexibility to persist until goals are achieved.
- Knowledge of breeds, care giving, and characteristics of animals.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office, Internet, Google docs and mail.
- Valid driver's license with access to transportation to travel on organization business.
- Must be able to routinely lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical activity on a daily basis, including, but not limited to: lifting and carrying, reaching, climbing ladders, stooping, squatting, cleaning and bending.
- Work indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Effectively handle all species of animals with a variety of temperaments.
- Standing and walking for long periods of time throughout the day.
- Long exposure on a daily basis to pets of all temperaments and medical conditions.
How to apply: Please submit a completed application at the shelter located at 2075 Madison 6555 Huntsville, AR 72740, or via email PawsandClawsPetShelter@gmail.com. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.